Article 1 response


http://www.upcyclecrc.org/uploads/1/2/8/5/12859669/productivequestionsbymartensscienceandchildren5-1999.pdf
           The article talks about the importance of using productive questions. I would place this article under domain three: instruction. When we plan our lessons, we must also plan how we intend to scaffold our students; planning our productive questions ahead of time will enhance the delivery of our lesson. 

                                                                                                                 

                                                                                                                            Jessica Morrow 
                                                                                                                            2/6/2020 
                                                                                                                            Article 1 

    When students are struggling to come up with an answer, whether it be the three/four-year-olds I work with at daycare, or my field placement students; I find it hard to contain myself from giving them the answer! As the first part of the article says, "they are tempted to resort back to dispensing information in the form of hints...", I catch myself doing this a lot. By reading this article, I have learned the difference between true scaffolding through productive questions and heavy hinting and information dropping. The latter does not promote thinking and is evidence of the teacher's impatience. 
    Productive questions engage, scaffold, and propel the students into deeper thinking by building their understanding of the topic. Going forward with my new knowledge of productive questions, and how to formulate and use them, I will start to implement them in our mini-lessons. Asking good productive questions will be a learning curve but practice makes progress! As mentioned above, I would place this article in domain 3 because it shows us how to ask productive questions, which we can use to explain the content and enhance student learning.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

article 4 response